October 27, 2022
Is email worth it? Check out the numbers below. They show statistics that have been growing yearly and that marketers use email for several marketing objectives – organic search, paid search, social media, and customer acquisition and retention. It's a cost-effective way to engage new customers and nurture relationships with existing ones. For every dollar invested in email, the ROI is around $32 or higher. The stats paint a marketing picture you can't ignore.
- 4.3 billion. The number of email users globally is nearly half the world's population.
- 332 billion emails are sent per day
- 37% of brands are increasing their email budgets.
- Smartphone users prefer to receive brand communications via email.
- 33% of marketers send weekly emails, and 26% send emails multiple times per month.
- Over the last 12 months, 77% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement.
- 87% of marketers use email for content distribution, second only to social media at 89%
- Welcome emails, often overlooked, have an 82% open rate that exceeds the average open rate of 21%
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate a 50% higher open rate.
- Adding videos to your email can increase open rates by 300%
- 49% of consumers say they like to receive promotional emails
Email Marketing Benchmarks
See how your email marketing stacks up? Check out this table on Mailchimp that gives open and click-thru rates by dozens of industries.
Find out how email can boost the effectiveness of your marketing budget. Call Susan Abramovitz at 513-967-6480 or use our online contact form.
Sources: Oberto, MailChimp, Content Marketing Institute, Martech Advisor
Send comments to Bill Abramovitz